This ensemble is designed to provide advanced saxophonists experience performing chamber music.
Music in a wide variety of styles is explored in various configurations from duo through quartet and beyond. Performances are given on campus and in regional venues. Participation in the ensemble is determined by audition or invitation.
Selected Recent Repertoire:
- Trio Sonata for Saxophone Ensemble, John Harbision
- Rhythmes Lyriques, Lucie Robert
- Trio Sonata II in c minor (BWV 526), J.S. Bach
- Canonic Suite for Four Alto Saxophones, Elliott Carter
- Andante et Scherzo, Eugene Bozza
- Quartet No. 1 In Three Movements, Bob Mintzer
- Tango Suite No. 1, by Astor Piazzolla